What is meditation practice and what does it change after practicing for so long, here are three easy ways to get started quickly.
Method #1: Breathing meditation thoughts
1. Find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed, whether you are sitting on a cushion or in a chair, make sure you feel comfortable and at ease.
2. Close your eyes, place your hands gently on your knees or thighs, and relax your body, but keep your back straight. Let the corners of your mouth take on a soft smile, then focus on the tip of your tongue, breathing gently at this time.
3. As the body slowly calms down, begin to observe the breath, attention to follow the airflow into the body, attention to the abdomen, observe the rise and fall of the abdomen with the breath, to feel the strongest and smoothest breath, breathing rhythm to be very natural, do not try to change the, just observe it.
4. If you find yourself wandering, pull back with a silent count to help you focus on breathing, count 1 when inhaling, count 2 when exhaling, or remember to just observe it, and not to control, let the breath lead you.
Method #2: Cue breathing method
1. Let yourself sit comfortably on a chair or cushion, straighten your back, gently close your eyes and let your attention be on the place where your body and the chair or cushion are connected.
2. Relax your breathing and follow the rhythm of your breath very naturally. As you follow the breath into your body, mentally say the words, “Inhale” and as you exhale, mentally say the words, “Exhale”.
3. The purpose of this is to help focus your attention and to stop self-cueing once you feel your mind is focused.
Method #3: Body Scan Method
This method is the simplest path and is easier to remember.
1. first of all, still quietly sit down, back straight, eyes closed, so that the body remains comfortable and relaxed state. 2.
2. As the body and mind slowly calm down, focus your attention on breathing, observe how you breathe air into the body, that is, how to exhale him, without deliberately controlling the rhythm of breathing, just keep the natural breathing.
3. Next shift your attention to the top of the head, and then just like the probe of a scanner, let the attention slowly move down from the top of the head to the face, jaw, neck, shoulders, arms, hands, and then shift the attention to the chest, back, abdomen, hips, thighs, calves, feet.
4. During the scanning process, some parts will feel pain, or tingling. Don’t try to change anything throughout the process, just keep watching what is happening.
These are the 3 easiest ways to do this, and they are relatively easy to do. But in the meditation practice, we will find ourselves at first is very difficult to sit quietly, in the process of practice we will be distracted at any time, at the same time our brain is constantly thinking about this and that, thinking about all kinds of things, past things, future things, and at this time we began to doubt whether they are still suitable for meditation practice?
In fact, don’t worry, meditation practice is just like exercise, it also needs continuous practice, if we just read some articles or understand the techniques of meditation is far from enough, we need to practice and practice constantly, at first is to let yourself sit quietly, slowly add some methods, and then add some time, the longer you insist on meditation practice, the easier it will become.